Houston is the largest city in Texas, and the fourth largest city in the United States. The city gives home to 2.2 million people within its area of 600 square miles, as found by US Census Bureau. The economic decisions made in the city impacts the lives of people throughout the world, as Houston has the second largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City. Living here is fun; that’s why so many people move to Houston. If you have decided to move to the city then you will need a reliable Houston moving service provider to relocate you, which as easy as it may sound is not at all easy. Like many other markets the city is full of Houston movers waiting to prey on you.
Which, I will not let happen. That’s why I am going to share with you 5 mantras that will help you find a right Houston moving service. But before I do that, let’s talk about life in the city.
Why you should move to Houston!
Because Houston is a multicultural city where lives a large community of people born outside of the United States. It is estimated that around 1.1 million people from outside the United States live here who, in total, speak more than 90 languages. Houston is your home, no matters where you are from. One in every five foreign-born people is an Asian here.
The diversity of origins of Houston’s resident has added color to the cultural life of the city. The festivals and celebration in the city is as colorful as the population mix of the city. The most notable celebration among all is annual Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo that goes on for over 20 days from late February to early March.
The Houston International Festival, the Houston Auto Show, Art Car Parade, Houston Greek Festival, the Westheimer Block Party, night-time Houston Pride Parade, and the Bayou City Art Festival-one among top 5 art festivals in the US-are other major annual events celebrated in the city.
Because of the location of Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center of NASA Houston is also known as “Space City.”
5 things to care about when hiring Houston Movers out of state movers houston
- Their rates: Yes, this is one, and perhaps the most important one. No matter how great the services of a particular Houston mover are, if it’s not in your budget it is not for you. Do a research to find out the rates offered by the moving companies, and also enquire how they charge: is it on per mile (or kilometer) basis, or is it hourly, or a combination of the two? Will there be any overtime or any other extra charges?
- Their fleet: What make are the trucks that possibly will haul your belongings to Houston? Are the trucks in good condition? How often are they checked for problems? Well, they may provide you insurance, but I am sure you will not like to lose your valuable possessions to a bad-quality moving company.
- Insurance: What if you lose some stuff in transit? And what about breakage? Check the insurance coverage details of the Houston moving companies. Read the fine prints.
- Operator license: How good is the insurance you are promised, if the person or document promising it is fake? In such cases, nothing matters. Neither quality of fleet, nor their rates.
- Track record: Words come cheap, and even cheaper for many, so do not get sold to empty promises of quality, insurance, and fleet, etc., unless it is backed by solid review. Find reviews on Houston movers and see who have stood on the promise in the past, and who failed on the delivery.